Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Blastoff for NASA's Orion Capsule! Muscle Shoals and the Rolling Stones
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
Tue March 23, 2004
Price Sues Witt Again
By Alabama Public Radio
Tuscaloosa, AL – Another lawsuit has been filed against University of Alabama president Robert Witt by former Crimson Tide football coach Mike Price.
This latest suit focuses on statements Witt allegedly made last Spring as Price's behavior during a trip to the beach was investigated. Price's attorney, Stephen Heninger, says Witt told school trustees that he would resign as president if he was not allowed to fire Price. Last year, a judge dismissed an earlier lawsuit filed by Price that alleged the University and Witt illegally fired Price. That matter is under appeal. The latest suit was filed in Tuscaloosa Circuit Court yesterday.
Price has also sued Sports Illustrated and writer Don Yaeger over an article that detailed Price's beach trip. Price says the article slandered and libeled him.