Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Mon November 3, 2008
Presidential Tax Talk
By Alabama Public Radio
Tuscaloosa AL – The presidential tickets have done lots of talking about proposed tax cuts and increases, and how they will affect economic growth. Barak Obama wants to increase taxes on the highest two income brackets - above 250-thousand dollars - and grow the economy from the bottom up. John McCain wants to maintain current tax cuts for the rich and expand cuts for others and grow the economy from the top down. Alabama Public Radio's Brett Tannehill takes a closer look at the presidential tax talk ...