Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Tuscaloosa Bar Shooting
Tue July 24, 2012
Preliminary Hearing Set For Bar Shootings Suspect
The man accused of shooting 18 people in Tuscaloosa and Northport last week is scheduled to have a preliminary hearing in Tuscaloosa County District Court at 9 a.m. on Sept. 7.
44-year-old Nathan Wilkins is scheduled for the preliminary hearing on charges including 18 counts of attempted murder and two counts of shooting into an occupied building. He was charged in shootings at a Northport home and at the Copper Top, a downtown Tuscaloosa bar.
Wilkins' attorney is listed as Joseph Van Heest. He's a public defender for Tuscaloosa County. Wilkins requested a court-appointed lawyer last week.
Two victims in the Copper Top shooting remained at DCH Regional Medical Center Monday.
(Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)