Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Thu January 15, 2004
Prattville Officer Dies In Training Accident
By Alabama Public Radio
Prattville, AL – Police officers in Prattville are mourning the loss of one of their own.
Officer Clinton Earl Walker, who was accidentally shot during a training exercise, died in a Montgomery hospital last night.
The shooting occurred yesterday morning at around 10:30 at the old Wetumpka post office. The building is used by law enforcement agencies to conduct weapons training. Wetumpka Police Chief William Pertree would not identify the officer who fired the fatal shot.
Prattville Police Chief Alfred Wadsworth says an internal investigation is underway. He would not comment on whether the unnamed officer will face disciplinary action.
Walker is the first Prattville policeman to die in the line of duty. Funeral arrangements are incomplete.