Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Fri August 9, 2013
Powerball Winners Are Beginning To Come Forward
Originally published on Fri August 9, 2013 11:06 am
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
And today's last word in business is jackpot.
Wednesday's $448 million Powerball drawing had three winning tickets. One is held by a project engineer in Minnesota. And this morning we're hearing some county garage workers in New Jersey have a lot to celebrate.
LINDA WERTHEIMER, HOST:
The Press of Atlantic City reports that 16 workers in Ocean County hold one of the winning tickets. The head of the County Vehicle Maintenance Department says there that he could not be more happy for his employees. He also says they're a group of wonderful hard-working people.
GREENE: Yeah. So much show they showed up for work yesterday.
That's the business news on MORNING EDITION from NPR News. I'm David Greene.
WERTHEIMER: And I'm Linda Wertheimer. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.