Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
- Tough State Budget Choices, and an Eating detector for the holidays?
Power outage Auburn University
Wed September 4, 2013
Power Restored on Auburn Campus After Outage
A power outage left parts of the Auburn University campus in the dark before electrical service was restored.
Many buildings on campus went dark around 1 p.m. Tuesday, but the lights were back on about 45 minutes later.
University spokesman Mike Clardy says it's not clear what caused the problem.
Employees were working in the dark at the football building during the outage, and students posted comments on social media about other buildings being without power.
Clardy says electrical service wasn't interrupted in some areas including the administration building.