Most Active Stories
- Auto workers petition to block UAW, 2015 red snapper season and Cycling League state championship
- Restraining order against Lear Corp, First Lady at Tuskegee and Tallapoosa County tax vote
- Red Snapper Season, Alabama High School Cycling League
- Where Poor Kids Grow Up Makes A Huge Difference
- Texas Governor Deploys State Guard To Stave Off Obama Takeover
Mon March 8, 2004
Postal Scare in Gadsden
By Alabama Public Radio
Gadsden, AL – Authorities are investigating a strange incident at the Gadsden Post Office that sent three people to the hospital and has left part of the hospital under quarantine.
Details are still emerging, but authorities say three people are hospitalized after a white powdery substance was discovered coming from a piece of mail at about 4:45 this morning. A police spokeperson says the matter is being handled by the FBI and the Homeland Security Office.
An unidentified source at Riverview Regional Medical Center confirms that the emergency room where the workers are being treated is under quarantine. The post office will remain closed until further notice. Also two surrounding city roads -- Seventh and Chestnut Streets, are also closed until further notice.