Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Garrard sentencing begins, Affordable Care Act anniversary and colorectal cancer awareness month
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
Poarch Creeks-Attorney General Election
Fri May 9, 2014
Poarch Creeks Give $750,000 To Hubbard AG Campaign
The Poarch Creek Band of Indians has made a major contribution to state Rep. Joe Hubbard's campaign for Alabama attorney general.
Al.com reports that the Poarch Creek Band this week gave $750,000 to Hubbard's campaign through three political action committees.
The donations give the Democratic challenger more than $1 million in cash-on-hand for his race against incumbent Attorney General Luther Strange.
Strange reported $1,449,928 in cash-on-hand in his most recent campaign finance report.
Strange has taken aggressive stands against gambling interests in Alabama, including casinos run by the Poarch Creeks on Indian land. Strange sued the tribe to stop electronic bingo operations on its land, but last month that lawsuit was dismissed in federal court.
Politics & Government