Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
- Tough State Budget Choices, and an Eating detector for the holidays?
Around the Nation
Fri November 2, 2012
Photo Helps Track Down Calif. Lottery Winner
Originally published on Fri November 2, 2012 10:43 am
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Renee Montagne. In California, a surveillance photo made the news and was plastered all over the liquor store where it was snapped. The blurry photo showed a woman approaching the cash register, the object of a massive manhunt by the state's lottery. She was suspected of buying a winning ticket worth $23 million. Yesterday, alerted by her daughter, who'd seen the surveillance photo, just ahead of the deadline to claim her millions, the woman came forward. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.