Most Active Stories
- Equality in Alabama? Same-Sex Marriage Reactions
- Alabama Universities Receive Accreditation Warning
- Same-Sex Marriage couples having trouble getting marriage licenses, Veteran honored in Sylacauga
- Alabama's Reaction to U.S. Supreme Court's ruling on Same Sex Marriage, Child Care sickness suits
- Tama the Stationmaster Cat
Arts & Life
Thu July 25, 2013
Paula Deen to Visit Ala. for Hospital Fund-raiser
Celebrity chef Paula Deen is planning to visit a hospital in an Alabama town to help raise money for a hospital and its foundation.
Deen is set to appear at an Aug. 29 ceremony at the Ozark Civic Center in honor of longtime Ozark physician Connie Chandler.
Event coordinator Jenny Tidmore said Deen and Chandler are friends, are Deen agreed in January to attend the event.
Tidmore tells The Dothan Eagle (http://bit.ly/13co3K9) that Deen will entertain the audience "by being her witty, Southern, charming self."
In recent weeks, controversy over comments Deen made in a court case have left her network of business deals in shambles. Her troubles began within days of the public disclosure of a legal deposition, in which Deen admitted to having used the N-word to describe black people.
Information from: The Dothan Eagle, http://www.dothaneagle.com