Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Business & Education
Tue November 27, 2012
Panel Votes to Place New ASU President on Leave
The Alabama State University Board of Trustees voted Monday to place the school's new president on paid administrative leave.
The Montgomery Advertiser reports the panel recommended that Joseph Silver be placed on leave immediately. The circumstances that led to their decision were not immediately clear.
The full board will meet Thursday at 1 p.m. to consider the recommendation while Silver is on leave.
John Knight, a state representative who also serves executive vice president and chief operating officer at the university, will take control of daily operations.
The newspaper reported that Silver issued letter of termination for Knight and Danielle Kennedy-Lamar, vice president of university relations.
The board of trustees hired Silver in June of 2012, and he previously served as vice president at Savannah State University.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.