Most Active Stories
- Siegelman Denied New Trial, Mental Health Budget Concerns
- Layoffs for Alabama Workers, Solar Sail Set to Launch
- Granade Issues Same-Sex Ruling, Busy Travel Weekend Expected
- Biden comments on civil rights and Selma, Bloody Sunday anniversary, Montgomery music premiere
- Historian Says Don't 'Sanitize' How Our Government Created Ghettos
Alabama St-Presidential Finalist
Thu November 7, 2013
Panel Names 4 Finalists For Alabama St Presidency
A search committee has released the names of four finalists seeking the presidency of Alabama State University.
The list made public Wednesday includes state Sen. Quinton Ross of Montgomery and Gwendolyn Boyd of Montgomery, who had a long career at John Hopkins University.
The other finalists include retired Brig. Gen. Samuel Nichols of Virginia, a former deputy commander at Guantanamo Bay, and the business dean at George Mason University, Jorge Haddock.
Members of the search committee had planned to narrow the list of finalists from 11 during a closed session. But three candidates withdrew so their names wouldn't become public.
The school is embroiled in controversy over a financial review that raised allegations of misspending at Alabama State. The school has filed suit and denies the allegations.
Alabama State University Audit