Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
- Tough State Budget Choices, and an Eating detector for the holidays?
Politics & Government
Sat January 26, 2013
Over 1,000 Gather in Ala. to Remember Former Mayor
(Information in the following story is from: WALA-TV, http://www.fox10tv.com/)
Over 1,000 people gathered in Daphne to remember 72-year-old Bailey Yelding, former mayor of Daphne who died at his home Tuesday after a battle with cancer.
WALA-TV reports well-wishers gathered at the Daphne Civic Center Friday for Yelding's funeral.
Yelding — who was the first black mayor of Daphne — has also served as an assistant school principal and city councilman. He was a member of Macedonia Missionary Church and was buried at Macedonia Memorial Gardens.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.