Most Active Stories
- Auto workers petition to block UAW, 2015 red snapper season and Cycling League state championship
- Gambling bill hearing, potential mental health cuts and Alzheimer's research
- Restraining order against Lear Corp, First Lady at Tuskegee and Tallapoosa County tax vote
- Red Snapper Season, Alabama High School Cycling League
- Where Poor Kids Grow Up Makes A Huge Difference
Politics & Government
Sat January 26, 2013
Over 1,000 Gather in Ala. to Remember Former Mayor
(Information in the following story is from: WALA-TV, http://www.fox10tv.com/)
Over 1,000 people gathered in Daphne to remember 72-year-old Bailey Yelding, former mayor of Daphne who died at his home Tuesday after a battle with cancer.
WALA-TV reports well-wishers gathered at the Daphne Civic Center Friday for Yelding's funeral.
Yelding — who was the first black mayor of Daphne — has also served as an assistant school principal and city councilman. He was a member of Macedonia Missionary Church and was buried at Macedonia Memorial Gardens.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.