Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Politics & Government
Mon August 13, 2012
Once Dry, Al. City Adding More Beer at Oktoberfest
Cullman's Oktoberfest is adding more beer to a small-town celebration that was dry for years.
Organizers sold beer at the German-themed festival for the first time last year after city voters opted to legalize alcohol sales. But beer was only offered in one area of the Oktoberfest venue.
Alcohol sales proved popular, and this year organizers plan to sell beer at other locations in Cullman's Oktoberfest.
Oktoberfest board member Ernest Hauk tells The Cullman Times (http://bit.ly/Pdd3ao ) the decision was based on overwhelming feedback from attendees last year.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.