Most Active Stories
- Saudi Airstrikes Raise Doubts Abroad, Spark Patriotic Fervor At Home
- "Spice" patients increasing, Test confirms marijuana brownies, Battle of Selma re-enactment
- Why Don't Ants Need A Leader?
- Lear denies allegations, The Great Invisible and new Little Lagoon Bridge
- Bentley on state budget, Alabama Nature Conservancy and new round of BP recovery funding
Fri May 23, 2014
Obama Wants Guantanamo Closed But His Efforts Are Thwarted
Originally published on Fri May 23, 2014 8:48 am
It's been a year since President Obama renewed his pledge to close the prison at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba. But more than 150 prisoners are still housed there.