Most Active Stories
- London Mayor Boris Johnson Settles U.S. Tax Bill Ahead Of Visit
- National School Choice rally, surplus auction and Huntsville desegregation
- Same sex marriage ban still in place, Tuscaloosa celebrates Deontay Wilder
- Girl Scout Cookies, Obamacare, Hospital Shutdown
- Alabama Chief Justice Roy Moore Speaks Out on Same Sex Marriage Ruling
Thu September 26, 2013
Obama Court Appointee Kagan To Speak At Alabama
The newest member of the U.S. Supreme Court will address law students at the University of Alabama.
Associate Justice Elena Kagan has accepted an invitation to speak at the law school in Tuscaloosa next week on Oct. 4.
Kagan will speak as part of a lecture series named for retired U.S. District Judge W. Harold Albritton, who helps lure justices to Alabama and whose family funds their visits.
President Barack Obama appointed Kagan to the Supreme Court in 2010. She previously served as U.S. solicitor general.
Ten Supreme Court justices have spoken in the past at Alabama, which generally is ranked among the nation's top law schools.