Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Sat August 31, 2013
NWS Forecasting Moderate Risk of Rip Currents
Forecasters say there's a moderate risk of dangerous rip currents along the Gulf Coast during the Labor Day weekend.
Thousands of people are heading to the beach for the holiday, but the National Weather Service says rip currents are likely in the surf.
Forecasters say weak swimmers shouldn't get any deeper than their knees through the weekend.
Several drownings have been blamed this year on rip currents, which are difficult to detect and can quickly pull swimmers into keep water.