Most Active Stories
- London Mayor Boris Johnson Settles U.S. Tax Bill Ahead Of Visit
- National School Choice rally, surplus auction and Huntsville desegregation
- Same sex marriage ban still in place, Tuscaloosa celebrates Deontay Wilder
- Girl Scout Cookies, Obamacare, Hospital Shutdown
- Alabama Chief Justice Roy Moore Speaks Out on Same Sex Marriage Ruling
Sat August 31, 2013
NWS Forecasting Moderate Risk of Rip Currents
Forecasters say there's a moderate risk of dangerous rip currents along the Gulf Coast during the Labor Day weekend.
Thousands of people are heading to the beach for the holiday, but the National Weather Service says rip currents are likely in the surf.
Forecasters say weak swimmers shouldn't get any deeper than their knees through the weekend.
Several drownings have been blamed this year on rip currents, which are difficult to detect and can quickly pull swimmers into keep water.