Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
- Tough State Budget Choices, and an Eating detector for the holidays?
Arts & Life
Fri April 12, 2013
NWS confirms EF-2 tornado in east Alabama
NOTASULGA, Ala. (AP) — The National Weather Service confirms that a tornado hit an east Alabama community overnight. An assessment team determined Friday that an EF-2 twister with winds up to 120 mph struck Thursday night in the Macon County community of Notasulga. The crew is still working on a damage assessment, but residents have reported damage to some homes and numerous trees in the area. Damage was reported in about a half-dozen counties. Experts are spread out from northwest Alabama to east Alabama trying to determine the extent of the damage and what type of weather systems left the wreckage. No injuries have been reported.