Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Arts & Life
Fri April 12, 2013
NWS confirms EF-2 tornado in east Alabama
NOTASULGA, Ala. (AP) — The National Weather Service confirms that a tornado hit an east Alabama community overnight. An assessment team determined Friday that an EF-2 twister with winds up to 120 mph struck Thursday night in the Macon County community of Notasulga. The crew is still working on a damage assessment, but residents have reported damage to some homes and numerous trees in the area. Damage was reported in about a half-dozen counties. Experts are spread out from northwest Alabama to east Alabama trying to determine the extent of the damage and what type of weather systems left the wreckage. No injuries have been reported.