Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Arts & Life
Tue August 13, 2013
NWS: Ala at Risk For Heavy Rains, Strong Winds
Forecasters say heavy rains could bring flash flooding to north and central Alabama.
The National Weather Service says a slow-moving cold front will cause showers and thunderstorms across the northern two-thirds of the state on Tuesday.
Flash floods are possible mainly along and west of Interstate 65, and forecasters say winds could gust to 40 mph.
Rains are supposed to diminish overnight, but the system is expected to slow down and bring more heavy rains on Wednesday, mainly south of Interstate 20.