Most Active Stories
- London Mayor Boris Johnson Settles U.S. Tax Bill Ahead Of Visit
- National School Choice rally, surplus auction and Huntsville desegregation
- Same sex marriage ban still in place, Tuscaloosa celebrates Deontay Wilder
- Girl Scout Cookies, Obamacare, Hospital Shutdown
- Alabama Chief Justice Roy Moore Speaks Out on Same Sex Marriage Ruling
Business & Education
Wed October 17, 2012
Nominations Sought for 2 Auburn Trustees
Gov. Robert Bentley says people interested in serving in two open positions on the Auburn University board of trustees may submit their names to the trustee selection committee.
Bentley is president of the five-member committee. Bentley said the committee is looking for replacements for John Blackwell, who represents a seven-county area in the Tennessee Valley, and Sam Ginn, who has an at-large seat. The two men are not eligible to serve another term.
Nominations should be submitted electronically to http://www.auburn.edu/trusteenominees . They are due by Nov. 9. Bentley said the committee will select no more than three people for interviews for each position and will complete the process by Jan. 31. The two nominees chosen by the committee are subject to approval by a majority of the state Senate.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.