Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Fri December 5, 2003
Newspaper Reports Mobile Won't Win Boeing Plant
By Alabama Public Radio
Seattle, WA – The Seattle Times reported Friday Mobile and two other southern cities are no longer being considered for a Boeing aircraft assembly plant. The newspaper reports Boeing's 7-E-7 executive team decided the new jet should be assembled at the firm's widebody factory in Everett, Washington. Boeing officials decided operating in Everett would be competitive because of a recently-approved three billion dollar tax break. Officially, Boeing officials say no decision has been made. The company plans to decide the plant's location by the end of the year.