Most Active Stories
- Saudi Airstrikes Raise Doubts Abroad, Spark Patriotic Fervor At Home
- "Spice" patients increasing, Test confirms marijuana brownies, Battle of Selma re-enactment
- Why Don't Ants Need A Leader?
- Lear denies allegations, The Great Invisible and new Little Lagoon Bridge
- Bentley on state budget, Alabama Nature Conservancy and new round of BP recovery funding
Tue June 19, 2012
New Zealand Couple Spends $80,000 On Bucket List
Originally published on Tue June 19, 2012 8:48 am
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep. A New Zealand couple received shattering news. The husband was diagnosed with terminal cancer. So they made a list of things to do before he died, which is how they spent $80,000 on food and travel. Then, according to the New Zealand Herald, their bad news turned good. The diagnosis was wrong. He's not about to die. But the good news is also bad news, because they're now broke. At least they got trips to Australia and Fiji. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.