Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Mon January 3, 2005
New State Licenses Will Resist Fraud
By Alabama Public Radio
Montgomery, AL – The state will begin issuing new driver's licenses in March. They'll have more security features because of the intelligence reform law recently signed by President Bush. It requires the U-S Department of Transportation and Homeland Security to work with states to have minimum identification standards. Soon, a computer watermark will be placed behind digital photos, and special police computers will be the only machines able to read them. The watermarks contain demographic information about the cardholder. The cards also will feature a hologram visible under a black light.