Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Sun September 1, 2013
New Rules on Digital Billboards Debated in Dothan
Dothan officials will soon vote on new rules regulating digital billboards and portable signs.
The Dothan Eagle (http://bit.ly/149aJNS ) reports the city commission will vote on the proposed ordinance Tuesday.
Planning Director Todd McDonald said the rules are meant to update old regulations and provide the city with an improved look.
The plan would ban freestanding signs in public rights of way and forbid signs that are so bright they might impair the vision of motorists, cyclists or pedestrians. A permit to use a temporary sign would also be required.
Information from: The Dothan Eagle, http://www.dothaneagle.com