Most Active Stories
- Auto workers petition to block UAW, 2015 red snapper season and Cycling League state championship
- Restraining order against Lear Corp, First Lady at Tuskegee and Tallapoosa County tax vote
- Gambling bill hearing, potential mental health cuts and Alzheimer's research
- Red Snapper Season, Alabama High School Cycling League
- Where Poor Kids Grow Up Makes A Huge Difference
Tue January 14, 2014
New Lawmakers Join Legislature For Annual Session
Two new lawmakers have taken their seats for the first time as the Alabama Legislature opens its 2014 session.
In the House, Rep. Adline Clarke of Mobile County and Rep. Dimitri Polizos of Montgomery County took oaths of office Tuesday from Speaker Mike Hubbard.
Clarke, a Democrat, won a special election to fill the seat vacated by the death of Yvonne Kennedy, who served in the House for more than 30 years. Polizos, a Republican, won a special election for a seat that opened when Jay Love resigned. There are still three vacancies in the 105-seat House.