Most Active Stories
- Auto workers petition to block UAW, 2015 red snapper season and Cycling League state championship
- Restraining order against Lear Corp, First Lady at Tuskegee and Tallapoosa County tax vote
- Gambling bill hearing, potential mental health cuts and Alzheimer's research
- Red Snapper Season, Alabama High School Cycling League
- Where Poor Kids Grow Up Makes A Huge Difference
Wed November 28, 2012
New Home Sales Dipped A Bit In October, But Were Well Above Year Before
Sales of new homes edged down 0.3 percent in October from September, but were a healthy 17.2 percent above the pace of October 2011, the Census Bureau and Department of Housing and Urban Development report.
According to the agencies, new homes sold at an annual rate of 368,000 last month.
One thing to keep in mind: Superstorm Sandy struck just as the month was ending and that may have affected the sales pace.