Most Active Stories
- Updated: Future of Wind Power in Alabama at a Defining Moment
- Adapted Athletics in Alabama Part 1: The Rolling Tide
- Understanding How Employers May Change Your Retirement Fund
- Hard Times at the Mill: International Paper to Close Courtland Facility
- Bill Would Allow Loaded Guns in Cars Without Concealed Carry Permit
Wed November 28, 2012
New Home Sales Dipped A Bit In October, But Were Well Above Year Before
Sales of new homes edged down 0.3 percent in October from September, but were a healthy 17.2 percent above the pace of October 2011, the Census Bureau and Department of Housing and Urban Development report.
According to the agencies, new homes sold at an annual rate of 368,000 last month.
One thing to keep in mind: Superstorm Sandy struck just as the month was ending and that may have affected the sales pace.