Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Wed September 29, 2004
New, but Fewer, Charges Against Scrushy
By Alabama Public Radio
Birmingham, AL – Former HealthSouth C-E-O Richard Scrushy has fewer charges against him now, but he also has some new ones. A new indictment adds perjury and obstruction of justice charges to the criminal case against him. Meanwhile, prosecutors have consolidated conspiracy and fraud charges against Scrushy. He now faces 58 criminal counts instead of 85. Scrushy appeared before Federal Magistrate Judge T- Michael Putnam yesterday. Scrushy has pleaded innocent to all charges. His trial is scheduled to begin January fifth.