Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Arts & Life
Tue November 27, 2012
New Book to Feature Alabama Dishes
Alabama's tourism agency has a new book for people who love food.
The Alabama Tourism Department is offering a 128-page, hardcover book titled "Alabama Food" that goes on sale Dec. 3.
The book features more than 225 dishes from restaurants around the state. It's based on a tourism promotion that highlights Alabama's home-grown restaurants.
The book features food products from around the state. It has sections devoted to farmers markets, farms, food festivals, and wines and craft beers.
The book also profiles some of the state's leading chefs and restaurant executives.
Alabama native Patricia "Sister" Schubert of homemade rolls fame wrote the foreword for the book and will sign copies at the Governor's Mansion during the Christmas open house in Montgomery.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.