Most Active Stories
- London Mayor Boris Johnson Settles U.S. Tax Bill Ahead Of Visit
- National School Choice rally, surplus auction and Huntsville desegregation
- Same sex marriage ban still in place, Tuscaloosa celebrates Deontay Wilder
- Girl Scout Cookies, Obamacare, Hospital Shutdown
- Alabama Chief Justice Roy Moore Speaks Out on Same Sex Marriage Ruling
Arts & Life
Tue November 27, 2012
New Book to Feature Alabama Dishes
Alabama's tourism agency has a new book for people who love food.
The Alabama Tourism Department is offering a 128-page, hardcover book titled "Alabama Food" that goes on sale Dec. 3.
The book features more than 225 dishes from restaurants around the state. It's based on a tourism promotion that highlights Alabama's home-grown restaurants.
The book features food products from around the state. It has sections devoted to farmers markets, farms, food festivals, and wines and craft beers.
The book also profiles some of the state's leading chefs and restaurant executives.
Alabama native Patricia "Sister" Schubert of homemade rolls fame wrote the foreword for the book and will sign copies at the Governor's Mansion during the Christmas open house in Montgomery.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.