Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Mon November 24, 2003
Natural Gas Terminal Discussion
By Alabama Public Radio
Mobile, AL – Representatives from the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission will be in Mobile today to talk about a proposed liquefied natural gas terminal. They will give an overview of the permitting process. Congressman Jo Bonner requested the meeting because the issue has been controversial. Those who oppose the terminal say it would be a disaster waiting to happen. Supporters say the 600 million dollar Exxon Mobil facility would bring a positive economic impact. The meeting will be at three o'clock this afternoon at Government Plaza.