Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Garrard sentencing begins, Affordable Care Act anniversary and colorectal cancer awareness month
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Arts & Life
Fri February 14, 2014
National Guard Unit Coming Home
Valentine's Day will be special for members of an Alabama National Guard unit that's coming home from Afghanistan. About 190 members of the 226th Maneuver Enhancement Brigade are returning home to Mobile on Friday morning. The troops will be welcomed by family members and friends at an armory in the port city. The group deployed in April 2013, traveling first to Fort Hood in Texas for training. Then they moved overseas to Afghanistan. The soldiers assisted with management operations for five base camps in Kabul. They also helped with training for police and soldiers and worked on infrastructure projects.