Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Arts & Life
Sun July 29, 2012
"Mystery woman" crashes Olympic opener
LONDON (AP) — The London Olympics opening ceremony had a cast of thousands — but it's a lone gatecrasher who is capturing media attention. Indian officials are mystified — and miffed — after an unknown woman managed to march with the country's delegation during the ceremony's athletes parade. Images from Friday's ceremony showed a young woman in blue trousers and a red jacket marching alongside Indian flag bearer Sushil Kumar at the head of the delegation of 40 athletes in bright yellow. Indian officials have complained to organizers about the intrusion. London organizing chief Sebastian Coe said Sunday that the mystery woman was "a cast member who clearly got slightly over-excited." But he stressed the woman had been screened to get into Olympic Stadium so there had been no security breach.