Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Garrard sentencing begins, Affordable Care Act anniversary and colorectal cancer awareness month
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
Museum of Alabama
Fri July 4, 2014
Museum Adds Alabama History Detail To Tours
Alabama's state museum plans to launch a series of themed tours intended to give visitors a sharper focus on particular aspects of the state's history and culture.
The first program will begins July 12 and focuses on "Small Town Alabama." New themes will be featured on the second Saturday of every month through December.
July's theme is "Stitched in Time," looking at what Alabamians have worn, sewn and quilted throughout the state's history. August will focus on Alabama celebrations, from Mardi Gras in Mobile to the Auburn-Alabama football game.
Children's exhibits will be the focus in October. The series will conclude with "Alabama and World War I" in November and a closer look at Alabama's Civil War Soliders and life in the state during the bitter conflict.