Most Active Stories
- Equality in Alabama? Same-Sex Marriage Reactions
- Alabama Universities Receive Accreditation Warning
- Same-Sex Marriage couples having trouble getting marriage licenses, Veteran honored in Sylacauga
- Alabama's Reaction to U.S. Supreme Court's ruling on Same Sex Marriage, Child Care sickness suits
- Tama the Stationmaster Cat
Museum of Alabama
Fri July 4, 2014
Museum Adds Alabama History Detail To Tours
Alabama's state museum plans to launch a series of themed tours intended to give visitors a sharper focus on particular aspects of the state's history and culture.
The first program will begins July 12 and focuses on "Small Town Alabama." New themes will be featured on the second Saturday of every month through December.
July's theme is "Stitched in Time," looking at what Alabamians have worn, sewn and quilted throughout the state's history. August will focus on Alabama celebrations, from Mardi Gras in Mobile to the Auburn-Alabama football game.
Children's exhibits will be the focus in October. The series will conclude with "Alabama and World War I" in November and a closer look at Alabama's Civil War Soliders and life in the state during the bitter conflict.