Most Active Stories
- Equality in Alabama? Same-Sex Marriage Reactions
- Alabama Universities Receive Accreditation Warning
- Same-Sex Marriage couples having trouble getting marriage licenses, Veteran honored in Sylacauga
- Alabama's Reaction to U.S. Supreme Court's ruling on Same Sex Marriage, Child Care sickness suits
- Tama the Stationmaster Cat
Wed October 23, 2013
Most Attractive Accent? The Southern Drawl, Y'All
Originally published on Wed October 23, 2013 5:47 am
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning, y'all. I'm David Greene, with some poll results. The dating site Cupid.com has released a survey rating regional accents. Most attractive accent in North America: The Southern Drawl. And if you can't quite pull that off, your best bet is to get a coffee in New York. That accent came in second. New Jersey and Boston rounded up the top 5, along with the Western accent.
To me, the glaring omission: Yinz in downtown Pittsburgh.
You're listening to MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.