Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Fri November 12, 2004
MorganCo Sheriff to Switch Parties
By Alabama Public Radio
Morgan County, AL – Morgan County Sheriff Greg Bartlett plans to switch political parties and seek the Republican Party nomination for a second term in 2006. Bartlett was elected as a Democrat in 2002. But he says his ideals and beliefs about family values are now more in line with the Republican Party. Bartlett previously served as chief investigator for the Morgan County district attorney's office. As sheriff, he says he made the pay for his deputies and staff competitive with other law enforcement agencies in the area. He also installed laptop computers in all patrol vehicles and computerized several divisions of the sheriff's department.