Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Mon January 12, 2004
More In State Suppliers for Hyundai
By Alabama Public Radio
Montgomery, AL – The list of primary suppliers for the Hyundai plant in Montgomery County could be growing.
Hyundai officials say at least eight more primary suppliers will open in Alabama ... adding to the 15 already expected to set up shop. It's unclear how many jobs will be created by the eight newly announced suppliers. But once open, the 23 tier-one suppliers will employ more than 4-thousand people from Athens to Enterprise. That's twice the number of workers at the billion dollar Hyundai plant, which is slated to open in 2005.
State officials expect the suppliers of parts for Hyundai's Sonata sedan and Santa Fe S-U-V to invest a combined 475 million in Alabama.