Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Thu October 2, 2003
More Resignations at HealthSouth
By Alabama Public Radio
Birmingham, AL – HealthSouth has announced more resignations. The company's corporate compliance director has left. Brandon Hale, an executive vice president and corporate secretary, supervised HealthSouth's corporate integrity program. That's the office that is supposed to prevent the kind of massive accounting fraud the government is investigating at HealthSouth. The company says its longtime general counsel, William Horton, also has resigned. Neither Hale nor Horton has been publicly charged with any wrongdoing in the company's accounting scandal.