Most Active Stories
- Saudi Airstrikes Raise Doubts Abroad, Spark Patriotic Fervor At Home
- "Spice" patients increasing, Test confirms marijuana brownies, Battle of Selma re-enactment
- Why Don't Ants Need A Leader?
- Lear denies allegations, The Great Invisible and new Little Lagoon Bridge
- Bentley on state budget, Alabama Nature Conservancy and new round of BP recovery funding
Mon December 6, 2004
More Flu Vaccines May Arrive
By Alabama Public Radio
Atlanta, GA – Even more flu vaccines may be on their way to Alabama soon. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says the government will purchase and distribute additional flu vaccines to help relieve the continuing shortage.The Food and Drug Administration recently completed inspecting vaccines from foreign manufacturers, and those will be available on a so-called investigational basis. It's considered investigational because the vaccine wasn't developed under the supervision of the Food and Drug Administration. The flu season usually peaks in February.