Most Active Stories
- Selma 1865-- The First "March to Freedom"
- Selma-- "This is something I'll tell my kids..."
- From Bloody Sunday to a White Wedding
- SPLC response to Supreme Court decision, Alabama charter schools and food insecurity fundraiser
- AL Supreme Court halting same-sex marriages, State of the State address and charter schools
Mon September 6, 2004
More Concerns About Bush's Guard Documents
By Alabama Public Radio
Washington, DC – More questions have surfaced about President Bush's military service. The government reports it's missing documents that would help explain gaps in the president's Texas Air National Guard service between 1972 and 1973. Bush says he was in Alabama working on Winton "Red" Blount's Senate campaign. But retired Air Force general and head of the Air National Guard -- Paul Weaver Junior -- says record-keeping wasn't so good three decades ago. He says the documents the government is searching for may never have existed.