Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- Tough State Budget Choices, and an Eating detector for the holidays?
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
Disaster Assistance Loans
Mon May 19, 2014
More Than $1M In Loans Approved For Disaster Aid
Officials from the U.S. Small Business Administration say more than $1 million in disaster assistance loans have been approved for Alabama residents trying to recover from severe weather in late April and early May.
SBA field operations director Frank Skaggs said in a statement Monday that the department has approved 33 loans for $1,017,000 for Alabama residents trying to recover from recent storms, tornadoes and floods.
Officials say the deadline to submit applications for loans to cover property damage is July 1. The deadline to submit applications for loans to cover other economic impacts of the storm is Feb. 2, 2015.
Emergency Alert Failure
Severe Weather Aid
Severe Weather-Alabama Aid