Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Garrard sentencing begins, Affordable Care Act anniversary and colorectal cancer awareness month
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
Disaster Assistance Loans
Mon May 19, 2014
More Than $1M In Loans Approved For Disaster Aid
Officials from the U.S. Small Business Administration say more than $1 million in disaster assistance loans have been approved for Alabama residents trying to recover from severe weather in late April and early May.
SBA field operations director Frank Skaggs said in a statement Monday that the department has approved 33 loans for $1,017,000 for Alabama residents trying to recover from recent storms, tornadoes and floods.
Officials say the deadline to submit applications for loans to cover property damage is July 1. The deadline to submit applications for loans to cover other economic impacts of the storm is Feb. 2, 2015.
Emergency Alert Failure
Severe Weather Aid
Severe Weather-Alabama Aid