Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Tue December 2, 2003
Moore Will File Appeal Soon
By Alabama Public Radio
Montgomery, AL – Former state supreme court Chief Justice Roy Moore is pursuing his appeal. His attorneys say he'll file the paperwork by Thursday challenging his removal from office. They say Moore's appeal is ready, but the former chief justice wanted to make a few final changes before submitting it. The Court of the Judiciary removed Moore from office a few weeks ago. The nine member panel ruled unanimously Moore violated the Canons of Judicial Ethics. The court said Moore intentionally disobeyed a federal court order to move his Ten Commandments Monument from the state judicial building rotunda. The deadline to file Moore's appeal is December 12th.