Most Active Stories
- Equality in Alabama? Same-Sex Marriage Reactions
- Alabama Universities Receive Accreditation Warning
- Same-Sex Marriage couples having trouble getting marriage licenses, Veteran honored in Sylacauga
- Alabama's Reaction to U.S. Supreme Court's ruling on Same Sex Marriage, Child Care sickness suits
- Alabama Governor Robert Bentley releases statement on gay marriage ruling
Chief Justice Race
Tue October 9, 2012
Moore Says Churches Silenced By Political Correctness
Republican chief justice candidate Roy Moore says the church has been silenced by political correctness. Moore spoke Tuesday at a rally on the state Capitol steps.
It was organized by several ministers concerned about President Obama's views on same-sex marriage and abortion.
Moore said America is in a time of moral decay and is seeing an attack on the institution of marriage. He said he's tired of hearing politicians say let's get down to the real issues because marriage and abortion are real issues.
About 200 people attended the event. The director of the Montgomery House of Prayer, Gil Melendez, said the event was not about Alabama being a red state or blue state. He said, "We're asking for a God state."
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.