Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Thu February 26, 2004
Moore Back in Court
By Alabama Public Radio
Montgomery, AL – Lawyers for former Chief Justice Roy Moore told the state Supreme Court Wednesday a judicial ethics panel wrongly expelled Moore from office. Phillip Jauregui says Moore's oath of office bound him to follow the constitution and to acknowledge God. Jauregui says the Court of the Judiciary did not consider whether the federal court order Moore disobeyed was itself ethical. But the state attorney general's office says that argument would lead to anarchy. Moore is trying to regain his position on the state supreme court after he was removed in November for disobeying a federal court order. A decision in the case could come as early as Friday.