Most Active Stories
- Auto workers petition to block UAW, 2015 red snapper season and Cycling League state championship
- Restraining order against Lear Corp, First Lady at Tuskegee and Tallapoosa County tax vote
- Red Snapper Season, Alabama High School Cycling League
- Where Poor Kids Grow Up Makes A Huge Difference
- Texas Governor Deploys State Guard To Stave Off Obama Takeover
Wed March 24, 2004
Montgomery Smoking Ban Gets Panned
By Alabama Public Radio
Montgomery, AL – Some restaurant owners in Montgomery are not happy about a new law regarding smoking.
The new law says that restaurants must clearly display whether they allow smoking in their establishments. Restaurants that do allow patrons to smoke cannot allow anyone under the age of 18 on the premises. Some say that provision goes to far, and was not something they had to consider when first opening their business.
Montgomery restaurants have until August to decide if they will allow customers to smoke.