Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Wed March 24, 2004
Montgomery Smoking Ban Gets Panned
By Alabama Public Radio
Montgomery, AL – Some restaurant owners in Montgomery are not happy about a new law regarding smoking.
The new law says that restaurants must clearly display whether they allow smoking in their establishments. Restaurants that do allow patrons to smoke cannot allow anyone under the age of 18 on the premises. Some say that provision goes to far, and was not something they had to consider when first opening their business.
Montgomery restaurants have until August to decide if they will allow customers to smoke.