Most Active Stories
- London Mayor Boris Johnson Settles U.S. Tax Bill Ahead Of Visit
- National School Choice rally, surplus auction and Huntsville desegregation
- Same sex marriage ban still in place, Tuscaloosa celebrates Deontay Wilder
- Girl Scout Cookies, Obamacare, Hospital Shutdown
- Alabama Chief Justice Roy Moore Speaks Out on Same Sex Marriage Ruling
Wed August 21, 2013
Montgomery Limits Alcohol in Entertainment Area
The city of Montgomery is trying to cut back on some of the partying in its entertainment districts.
The City Council has passed a resolution saying people can't walk around its entertainment areas with open containers of alcohol after midnight.
The Montgomery Advertiser (http://on.mgmadv.com/13QWZBP ) reports there are currently no limits on the hours.
The city has set aside certain areas where patrons can walk outside a bar or restaurant with alcohol, but police say the practice has prompted complaints.
Council member Arch Lee says he got calls from residents and ministers asking him to support a resolution to cut back on the hours.
Mayor Todd Strange says police will remind people about the change if they see them outside with alcohol after midnight.