Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Fri October 22, 2004
Montgomery Hosts League of the South Conference, Presidential Candidate
By Alabama Public Radio
Montgomery, AL – The Constitution Party's presidential candidate Michael Anthony Peroutka will address the Old South group at its annual meeting in Alabama this weekend. Peroutka is a Maryland attorney and a League of the South member. League President Michael Hill said Thursday that the organization has endorsed Peroutka. Meanwhile...the Constitution Party had initially tried to recruit former Alabama Chief Justice Roy Moore as a presidential candidate after he was expelled from office for refusing a federal court order to remove his 10 Commandments monument from the state judicial building. Moore was elected to the chief justice post as a Republican. He has made several appearances with Peroutka earlier this year but has not endorsed anyone for President. Peroutka's platform includes outlawing abortion and abolishing the Internal Revenue Service. The League of the South begins its two-day national conference in Montgomery Friday.