Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- Tough State Budget Choices, and an Eating detector for the holidays?
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
Politics & Government
Sat November 30, 2013
Mobile's New Mayor to meet with Airbus Execs
MOBILE, Ala. (AP) — Mobile's new mayor is heading to Germany to meet with Airbus representatives about the company's upcoming assembly plant in the port city. Mayor Sandy Stimpson is among the local and state leaders traveling to Hamburg, Germany, for Aviation Forum 2013. Stimpson will tour an Airbus factory and meet with top European executives for an update on its progress with the $600 million manufacturing plant in Mobile. Stimpson says the trip is a chance to showcase Mobile before Airbus partners and suppliers. The group departs Sunday and will return on Thursday. Alabama Commerce Secretary Greg Canfield will lead a state delegation. Airbus broke ground earlier this year in Mobile for the factory, which is the company's first U.S. assembly plant.