Most Active Stories
- Saudi Airstrikes Raise Doubts Abroad, Spark Patriotic Fervor At Home
- "Spice" patients increasing, Test confirms marijuana brownies, Battle of Selma re-enactment
- Why Don't Ants Need A Leader?
- Lear denies allegations, The Great Invisible and new Little Lagoon Bridge
- Bentley on state budget, Alabama Nature Conservancy and new round of BP recovery funding
Arts & Life
Fri November 30, 2012
Mobile to Host National Barbecue conference
The city of Mobile has been chosen to host the 2013 National Barbecue Conference and Trade Show.
Al.com reported Thursday the convention runs between Feb. 19 and 23 at the Renaissance Mobile Riverview Plaza Hotel.
Officials say a rich culture, paired with a community of barbecue professionals and enthusiasts, make Mobile an ideal city for the convention.
The event is run by the National Barbecue Association, which is based in Louisville, Ky.
Aside from informational sessions, the final day of the conference will feature a cook-off competition where attendees vote for the winner.
Last year's conference was held in San Diego, Calif.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.