Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
- Tough State Budget Choices, and an Eating detector for the holidays?
Arts & Life
Thu May 16, 2013
Miss America Visiting Ala Hometown
Miss America is paying a visit to her hometown in east Alabama.
Mallory Hagan will tour Opelika on Thursday. Her stop includes a sold-out luncheon and an evening reception.
The Opelika-Auburn News (http://bit.ly/13yTRNp ) reports Hagan met with local leaders include school board members on Wednesday.
Hagan says it's wonderful to be part of a community where everyone is on her side.
Hagan grew up in Lee County and left after spending one year at Auburn University to move to New York City. She was representing the state of New York when she was crowned Miss America 2013 in January.
The 24-year-old Hagan says she couldn't get away from her hometown fast enough when she was 19, but it's great to be back now.