Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Mon December 29, 2003
Misbehavior Found at TVA
By Alabama Public Radio
Knoxville, TN – The Tennessee Valley Authority's inspector general reports some of the federal utility's employees have engaged in ethical violations. Richard Moore reports eight employees received gratuities, including golf outings and meals, from coal contractors that conduct business with the T-V-A. The results were presented to the T-V-A Board of Directors and to Congress. Investigators found the violations after receiving tips. T-V-A officials say they took appropriate disciplinary action but did not offer specific details. The authority says it discourages such activity.