Most Active Stories
- Equality in Alabama? Same-Sex Marriage Reactions
- Alabama Universities Receive Accreditation Warning
- Same-Sex Marriage couples having trouble getting marriage licenses, Veteran honored in Sylacauga
- Alabama's Reaction to U.S. Supreme Court's ruling on Same Sex Marriage, Child Care sickness suits
- Tama the Stationmaster Cat
Arts & Life
Fri July 4, 2014
Mild 4th on Tap for Alabama
Forecasters say July 4 should be mild across Alabama.
While the city of Montgomery is opening cooling centers at community centers, the National Weather Service says temperatures will feel a little cooler than normal because of low humidity.
Temperatures are actually predicted to be below normal in central and north Alabama, with highs in the mid-80s and lows in the 50s and 60s. High temperatures are normally in the mid-90s across the region on July 4.
Forecasters say temperatures will be around 90 on Alabama's coast, and there's little chance of rain.