Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Garrard sentencing begins, Affordable Care Act anniversary and colorectal cancer awareness month
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
Arts & Life
Fri July 4, 2014
Mild 4th on Tap for Alabama
Forecasters say July 4 should be mild across Alabama.
While the city of Montgomery is opening cooling centers at community centers, the National Weather Service says temperatures will feel a little cooler than normal because of low humidity.
Temperatures are actually predicted to be below normal in central and north Alabama, with highs in the mid-80s and lows in the 50s and 60s. High temperatures are normally in the mid-90s across the region on July 4.
Forecasters say temperatures will be around 90 on Alabama's coast, and there's little chance of rain.